Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Come as you are, as you were.....

So, 20 years ago, these guys right here:


Released this CD right here:



And changed the face of music and the way I look at music forever.

Music is super important to me and I don't know what it would be like if I didn't have music in my life.  Nirvana is one of my all-time favorite bands and Kurt Cobain is one of my favorite people who I really feel like if his soul had not been so lost, what an amazing group they would have evolved to be (even further past what they had already become in their short tenure).

I just bought the Nevermind Remasters Super Delux edition and I'm totally pumped to listen to it when I get in my car tonight (because I don't feel like "Smells Like Teen Spirit" would be appreciated by my co-workers!)  But, while I'am here I'm listening to Jon Stewart interview Dave Grohl (who I heart) and Dave Novoselic on XM (I had to renew like 2 weeks ago and that is the ONLY reason that I renewed!).

So, the other day I was sitting outside with my kids and the neighbor boys were listening to their iPod's.  I heard one of the oldest ones (who is 13) say, "OMG...this Kesha song is by far the best song yet!"  And, I'm not going to lie, it saddened my heart....Kesha!  Seriously!!!  I mean, it's okay to heart her every now and again on the radio, but, yikes, what is our youth coming to?!?!  Maybe I should give them a little education on what good music really is!  I know that one of my hopes for my own kids (besides being happy, healthy, smart, polite) is that they have the same love of music that I do and that music speaks to them the way it does to me...

Happy rockin everyone, have a good day!

No comments: