Thursday, July 23, 2009

It's been a month!

I cannot believe that it has been a month since I've posted anything! So, I apologize. I will try to be more diligent about it...but, I cannot make any promises!

We have been soooo busy. We FINALLY went on our long awaited vacation! I do not have access to the pictures that we have taken here at work (where I'm currently blogging from), but I will post sometime this weekend with all of the fun pics. Here are a few that I took on my phone that I do have access to.

This was while we were waiting for Peyton and Erika to call and let us know that they were close. We decided to leave at night time, so we could drive through the night, avoid some traffic and hopefully get the kids to sleep a majority of the way. I came home from work early that day so Scott could get some sleep and the poor guy COULD NOT fall asleep for anything! He kept trying and trying and he just couldn't do it. We planned to meet Peyton and Erika right off of the highway, so they were going to call when they were about a 1/2 hour away and then we were going to leave. Of course, Scott fell fast asleep 10 minutes before they called! Beckett has woke up around midnight and we decided to keep him awake until we got in the car. This was him staring up at his daddy and brother while they slept! Beckett was wide awake and ready to roll!



Scott, driving. He was pooped! I felt so bad for him because I know how it feels to drive when you have had NO sleep! Don't get your panties in a wad though...I did drive and offered to drive as much as he wanted me to!



We had stopped at about 5:30 in Gatlinburg and I told Scott that I would drive because I knew he was pooped. And, we were getting ready to get into the mountains, where you have to be on your guard the most. About half way through the mountains Parker started puking. We had walkie talkies so we could talk back and forth with Peyton and Erika without using our cell phones (which worked out wonderfully) and all of the sudden, right smack dab in the middle of the mountains I had to get on the walkie talkies and say, "We've got to pull over, I've got a puker!" Of course there are signs everywhere saying not to pull over unless it's an emergency and here we are getting him out of the car so he could puke over the guardrail. So, when we got back in the car we gave him some Coke to calm his tummy. I think he may have gotten a little bit car sick. If he's anything like his momma...it will happen all of the time! (Which is another reason why I drove through the mountains!)


This was Parker passed out cold about an hour away from Myrtle Beach. He was pooped! I had to keep reaching back and propping his head back up!

Finally, we were there! We kind of took our time getting there because our check-in wasn't until 3:00. When we got there we were exhausted, but, it was worth it. Look at our fabulous view!

I will write more when I can get access to more pictures. We had a blast! Cannot wait to do another vacation next year!

(and, I don't have any pictures of Beckett while we were in the car because he still has to sit rear facing in the car)

GOOD NEWS!!! Scott has wanted to be the head baseball coach at Campbell Co. (which is where we went to high school and where he played baseball) since retiring from the Cardinals and for the past 4 years at the end of every baseball season there are always rumors going around that they were going to offer him the job, or their current coach was going to retire. Well, same for this year, except, their coach really did retire and the job was actually open! So, he applied of course and his interview was Monday morning. They offered him the job on Tuesday afternoon (swearing him to secrecy until this morning). We are beyond pumped about it (although it's totally going to suck for me in the spring), but I know that this is what he has wanted to do forever. It's going to be so good to see him back at CCHS, where we came from! I cannot wait! We are going to make Parker the bat boy and he can sit in the dugout and will have his own uniform and everything! We will miss Brossart...but this is going to be awesome! Go Camels!


So, lots of good stuff going on for us! I will post more pics and info about our awesome vacation over the next couple of days!


No comments: