Friday, August 14, 2009

Back to School

So...Parker is now a big boy. Pre-School. Parker is in pre-school and I cannot believe it!
Monday was his first day of pre-school, and we've been hyping it up all summer long trying to get him ready and prepared. He was pretty excited to be going to a new school ("Miss Mary's") and that Kaitlyn and Nolan from down the street were going to be there too.

This was Parker right before we left to head off to his first day of school. I took a vacation day on Monday so I could drop him off and pick him up in the afternoon, and I was near by so if anything happened I could go up there and take care of things.

When we got there, I loaded Beckett into the stroller so we could walk Big Brother in to his new class. His teacher's assistant, Ms. Sondra was waiting patiently for all of the kids who were being dropped off at 7:45 (there are two drop off times, 7:00-7:20 and 7:45 to 7:55.) When we walked in Ms. Sondra said, "Parker, I love your backpack!" his response was, "Thanks, my daddy ordered it. It was expensive, it cost 100 bucks!" She looked at me funny and I said, "That backpack did NOT cost $100!" Where does he come up with this stuff?!?

When we walked into his classroom he was a little hesitant. He sat down at a table by himself and just kind of checked things out for a couple of minutes.
Hanging onto Beckett's stroller for dear life. Beckett looked like he was ready to get up and play a bit!





I can only imagine what was going through his little head! I'm sure he was nervous and excited at the same time. Me --- I was ready to cry!

Once he found him a friend to talk to, he was off. He told me to leave Beckett there with him, and once I told him that Beckett had to go home with me, he was fine. He walked over to the rug with another little boy and then I snuck out of their classroom.

Walking through the halls I wanted to just start sobbing. I cannot believe that my little boy is in PRE-SCHOOL!!! It just seems like there is no way that he should be this old already. Before I know it, we're going to be dropping him off at college.....tears :(

When I went to pick him up they said that he did really well. And, there is no other feeling that having him run to you and wrap his arms around you and say, "Mommy, I missed you!" Because I don't think he will ever have any idea of how badly I miss him when he's not right there with me!

The rest of the week has not gone that well when it comes to dropping him off. There are a lot of tears shed (both mine and his!), but we're making progress! Soon, he's not going to want to come home!

No comments: