Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!




I know it's the Tuesday after, but I never got the chance to get on here and wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! So...Happy Thanksgiving. I have a LOT to be thanksful for this year. So, here is what I'm thankful for:


  • My husband who I cannot live without. He is my rock, and he makes me laugh and realize that you just cannot take things to seriously. I'm so very proud of him and everything that he has accomplished in his life. He has the most drive out of anyone I know and he doesn't let anything get in his way. He is such a hard worker and he would do anything for me and the boys. It's hard to believe that we started dating this time 11 years ago!!!! I still see so much of that 17 year old boy that I started dating our senior year of high school....but I'm so in love with the man that he has become.


  • My Parker....my first baby boy, the love of my life. He is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. I love to watch him learning new things, and defenitley love that I can hold a conversation with him now! Sometimes he drives me to the point of insanity, but then all he has to do is come over and give me a hug and I forget all about it!


  • Baby Beckett...our newest addition. He is the cutest, and by far the best baby ever. We are so blessed to have this little man in our lives. I cannot wait to see the boy/man he becomes....(and I also cannot wait until he starts sleeping through the night!)


  • My family. Scott and I are blessed to have wonderful parents. They would do anything for us and we truly appreciate everything that they do for us. I love my sisters and my brothers. I love my sister in laws ~ we are just very very blessed.


  • Our friends - we have the best group of friends EVER! I wish that every person in this world had as great a group of friends as we have because we are very blessed to have the group we have.


  • My doggy Chompers. He drives me insane most of the time, but he is my first baby....and I couldn't imagine what it would be like not having to fight over space and covers in the bed at night.


  • My house....I love it. It's small and just cozy and I love it. We are so lucky to have a home over our heads!


  • My job---I'm very lucky to have made it through the layoff's they did a couple weeks before Beckett was born. I was so sad to see people go, but at the same time, so happy that I kept my job.


  • Im most thankful to have God in my life. I don't think that any of the above things would have happened or be possible without him and without believing in him. He has blessed me in so many ways, I just pray that he continues to bless me throughout the years to come!

Well, thats it right there. Maybe not EVERYTHING that I'm thankful for in life, but, the major ones anyways.!


We had a pretty good Thanksgiving (except for my nice little "episode" on Thanksgiving night. We went to my grandma's first (although we didn't start out as early as we usually do because Scott wasn't feeling too well) and then we headed over to his parents house and we played games all night long. It was a good one! I didn't do any Black Friday shopping like I LOVE to do, but I really just didn't feel up to it this year and there wasn't anything that I was really looking for.


The Gravy Guzzle was a success...or so I think so. Getting ready for it the entire day was a little stressful, but it went off without a hitch!













Scott was very proud of his turkey, as he should have been. He had never made one before, but this one was awesome! He is such a good cook, he is very gifted in that respect! I would not have had the sightest idea of what to do!






So, here are some pics from the night. Everyone had a good time. This was our 5th year doing this Thanksgiving dinner/party and I hope that we do it forever. I know that most groups of friends don't stay that way forever, but, I REALLY hope that all of us do! We are just as good of friends now than we were when we were 16 years old!



Parker's new girlfriend, Ella. Ella is my best friend Julia's neice and they were in from Texas! She is too cute and I think Parker has fell in love!


























All and all, the evening was great. The food was awesome and just being with friends is enough for me! It was a VERY exausting day, but its always worth it! This Thanksgiving was a good one and I hate to see that it has already come and gone. I feel like this entire year has just flown by in the blink of an eye and it kinda makes me sad! I hate that time goes so quick. I feel like I was in high school just yesterday and it's already been 10 years! I just pray that God gives us just as many blessings for all of the years to come.

So, Friday we got the boys Christmas pictures taken. The place we like to go books up VERY quick for the Christmas holiday and the only time they had open was Friday night. So, we went. It was a total madhouse. They were running 2 hours behind and the place was jam packed! But, luckily, Parker was an angel and was really good as we waited and they sped through the pics (which they don't normally do, they usually take like 200 pictures and this time they only took 59), but it made it easier on them, easier on us in terms of picking out the pictures and easier on the boys who were already antsy to begin with! Here are some of my favorites!














Well, that was our Thanksgiving! It went very well and now we are on the countdown to Christmas! We've got our outside lights up, the tree and all of the Christmas decorations up and right now it's snowing outside, so it's a perfect little winter wonderland! I love Christmas time, it's my favorite time of year! I wish December was 60 days instead of 31!
So, happy late Thanksgiving everyone!




















































No comments: