Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Hi everyone! A bit late, as usual, but Merry Christmas! It has been soooo busy around our house the past couple of weeks, so there has not been much time between running here and there to sit down and write. I love the holidays, but this year I think we had WAY too much Christmas! By Sunday we were totally done and so was Parker!

Our Christmas was good. This year was the first year that Parker REALLY got into opening his presents and it was so much fun to watch him open them up.

He really only had one thing on his mind in terms of what he wanted from Santa and that was a guitar! He has been wanting a guitar forever, because Parker thinks (and so do we) that he is a "rock star". He likes to play "rock star" and he does a darn good job of it. We did (or Santa did) get him a guitar, but once he opened it it wasn't the one he really wanted. It was one that you had to hook up an I-Pod to or a MP3 player, or he could wonder around with headphones on. He liked it, but you could tell he was a little let down. But, luckily just a couple of days before hand, Parker stared going to the potty on the big boy potty and we told him that if he pooped on the big boy potty he could have a REAL guitar. And, on Christmas Eve, he pooped on the potty. So, of course I rushed out the day after Christmas I rushed to Toys R Us and bought him a Spongebob Squarepants guitar, which he totally loves.






No better way to pass the time on the potty than play the guitar and write some songs. I about peed my pants when I walked in and saw him playing the guitar on the pot! Too funny. He also ended up getting another guitar from his Aunt Jana and Uncle Dave which along with the drums, and other instruments that he got has us stocked with stuff for a full fledged band! We have a rock star living in our house!

Beckett enjoyed himself as well. Although he has no idea what in the world was going on, he liked what he saw!


Next year will be a good year for him, as Beckett and big brother Parker will be able to open presents together!
Like I said, it was a pretty busy week for us. Christmas Eve we went to Scott's parents house to celebrate with his family. Christmas day we woke up and did presents here, Scott got a new coffee maker and a new coffee mug and I got some great smelling perfume. We went to my moms house to celebrate with her and my step-dad and my sisters and brothers. My Aunt Connie was there with her new beau, Dave and my cousin Elizabeth and her boyfriend, oh wait, I'm sorry, fiance Scott were there (congrats to them!). Then we headed to my Uncles house to celebrate with my dads family. Friday we went to my dad and step-moms house and did Christmas there and then Saturday we went back there and celebrated with some more family. It was very busy, but also very nice to be with family. Christmas is my favorite time of year and although it was so crazy, I'm a little sad that it is over.
So, now onto New Years! Tomorrow is New Years Eve and Scott and I are hosting a party. Although I feel like I'm not very prepared for it, but I think (I hope) it will be fun! All of our close and good friends are coming over to ring in the new year with us and I cannot wait. Then a couple of days of relaxing and back to work I go (more on that depressing topic later!)
So, I will probably post on New Years day, so until then...Happy New Year!

No comments: